Monday, August 8, 2011

Training, Week of 8/7

This past week, there was some bumpiness at the beginning of the week and the long run got bumped until today (Monday) and so I only managed 40.3 miles in 4:51:56 (7:15/mile average).  The Thursday Night Track Workout went well despite the fact that I didn't feel that great.  We started an 800m repeat every 5:00 (6 in total) which creates the paradoxical effect of the faster people getting more rest than the slow people (I averaged 2:25-2:27).  I didn't feel that great, but I didn't feel worse as the workout went on.

During the workout, I did experience one of the hardest running decisions yet.  The guy who runs the workouts offered to time me and the other "fast" guy for a seventh interval.  I didn't want to because I was tired and my legs hurt and I was nauseous, but I felt obligated.  Eventually we decided not to continue, which I was very thankful for.

Now I'm looking ahead to the Corporate 5k to Benefit Special Olympics, CT.  I want to help Pratt win another team trophy and I think that there's probably going to be a trophy in it for me which is always nice.  Not to mention I get to hang out with the other runners at Pratt and Whitney, which is super cool.

Now on to a bigger and better week!

-Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment