Monday, August 22, 2011

Training, Week of 8/21

This week was an interesting one in terms of training.  I started the week off well with a couple medium-length runs until Friday, when I left Connecticut for New Hampshire and went on a hike with my cousins, uncle, and dad.  It was really fun (and you can read about it here) but I didn't get a run in.  I slept over night in the woods and then hiked back and did manage a 4-mile run in the afternoon.  Sunday rolled around and I was going to go for an easy 10 to get 45-ish miles for the week but got lost in the heat and ended up with a 16.2 miler for a total of 50.8 miles in 6:12:49 (7:21/mile average).

I'm glad I got the distance in for the week.  Hopefully I will be able to build on that momentum going forwards.  I've already started the next week out really well with a 10+ miler at the Reservoir Trails in West Hartford (more on that in about a week!).  Spoiler alert: it might be my second favorite running spot yet!

-Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment