Sunday, August 7, 2011

Training Ends

Whew...haven't been here for longer than I would have liked. The last week of training for my new job was absolutely crazy. It took place at three different locations around Manhattan, and involved a couple new topics that were both brand new to me and very technical in nature. The long and short of it was that I did not have time for much more than just a quick run, dinner, and bed. Thus, no posts from Alex...

Anyway, the last three weeks of training have generally been good. I gained a solid foundation in basic financial instruments, and introduction to the programming language Python, and an overview of the main initiative that I will be a part of as I start actual work. I learned a lot through the training and met a bunch of people who will help to build my network as I start. However, I am glad that it is done and that I can now move on to learning my role in my actual job, which starts tomorrow morning.

I will likely post a couple more posts about the training to relay some of my observations about both the training and all the people I spent the last 3 weeks with. Topics might include: professionalism, networking, learning, etc. Not exactly sure what, but there is certainly more to come.

~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment