Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Training, Week of 8/28

This week was another “dumpster” week, with a total of only 26.2 miles in 3:12:44 (7:23/mile average).  I started the week off really well with a couple longer runs (one of which was a trip to the Reservoirs in West Hartford).  I then headed back to Vermont on Thursday night with my fiancé (skipping my regularly scheduled track workout).  I wasn’t feeling motivated to run on Friday, so I just ran 4.5 miles and then I was super busy on Saturday and it was raining on Sunday and the excuses just kept building and I ended up running far less than I should have.  I am a bit disappointed in myself but I’m primed to start a fresh week and put in some good miles.  I think I am going to focus more on running farther in the afternoon (rather than trying to add morning runs which has been a huge failure so far).

On the racing front, I have signed up for another corporate 5k and I have been put on a “stacked” team so that hopefully the company that I work for can compete against the local running shoe store.  It’s a little funny that it’s such a heated competition based on the sizes; my company has (literally) thousands of employees in the area and the shoe store’s employees number in the tens.  I suppose that they tend to hire people from two very different demographics!  Once again, I’m looking forward to helping my team and you never know, now that the college kids have gone back to school, I might even get a prize!


-Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment