Friday, August 26, 2011

A Response to Lane's Letter

Lane-

I must respectfully decline your challenge. As intriguing as it is, I will not take on your challenge as I know I will be unable to complete it. This inability is not from a lack of the necessary tools to complete it (though I will admit that creative writing has never been a particular strength or interest of mine), but from a lack of resources. I have neither the time nor the energy to undertake such a large project as a novel. My lackluster contributions to this blog ought be evidence enough of that. While it is true that I have plenty of time on the train, I have found it quite pleasant to read when I wish to and sleep other times. I am not yet ready to devote that time to writing.

However, while I will be unable to join you in the challenge, were you to undertake it yourself, I would be happy to assist you. So, I offer my assistance to read drafts, consider ideas, and whatever other help you might need. I would also be honored to read the final product.

With that, I hope that you choose to undertake this regardless of my inability to join you, but know that I will assist you if I can.


Sincerely,

~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment