Monday, October 3, 2011

Training, Week of 10/2

I'm back on track, so to speak.  After a week almost completely off, I decided that it's time to get over the existential crisis that I've been having with regards to running, make a training plan, and then get about the business of breaking my 5k and 10k PR's.  I picked two races and did indeed make a plan.  Even better, I have followed it to a T this week, running 54.5 miles in 6:47:57 (7:30/mile average).

It was a tough week.  My legs were sore pretty much all week and my hip started tweaking out.  I know how to deal with both of these and keep going, so that's what I did.  I put in a decent long run, track workout, and tempo run so the quality is there while the quantity builds back up.  I'm back in the hunt and may even remind myself of the runner I was.  I have been feeling a little lost without a team or a "season" to race in but I recently heard my generation referred to as a "lost generation" and that is an identity that I refuse to accept.  So here I come, ready to show 'em a clean pair of heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment