Sunday, October 16, 2011

Training, Week of 10/16

Running is going pretty well!  This week I ran 64.7 miles in 7:57:46 (7:24/mile average) and my legs kept going through a new milestone: 12,000 logged miles!  I got in a long run of 16.5 miles, a 8x600m workout, and a 5k tempo run.  I've come (somewhat) to grips with the existential crisis I was having with regards to my running career and am feeling confident as I move towards my next couple races.

As far as why I'm continuing to run, I have to admit that I still haven't solved that issue.  I'm no longer running for a team and I don't really have enough time to devote to truly pushing towards reaching my potential and those things were really frustrating for me before.  Now, however, I think that I've reached a mindset where those things don't matter as much, and although I may not know quite why I am still training a reasonable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment